Starrett optical comparators provide a time-tested, cost-effective solution for non-contact measurement. In this easy-to-learn technology, the image of a part is projected on a screen at a precisely known magnification. Measurements can then be taken off the image by moving the system’s X-Y stage, or the image can simply be compared to a transparent overlay.
“Rugged, Accurate & easy to use.”
Horizontal Bench Top Optical Projector
The most economical of our bench top comparators, the HE400 offers a 16″ (400mm) diameter screen, X-Y stage travel, bayonet-style interchangeable lens mount, and Q-axis angular readout: all to improve capability and performance. These horizontal bench top comparators are fitted with MetLogix™ tablet M1, MX200 (DRO) or M2 PC-based touch screen measuring software as standard, making them simple to use, but having the power to satisfy the most complex measuring requirements.
• All metal construction
• Single bayonet-style lens mounting system
• Collimating condenser with yellow/green filter and provision
to mount further accessories
• Linear encoder with .5μ on both X and Y axes
• LED profile and surface illumination
• Fully retractable flexible duplex fiber optic surface illumination
• Digital protractor for accurate angle measurement 1′ resolution
• Available with MetLogix™ tablet, MX200 DRO or M2 PC-based touch
screen measurement software
• 15.4lbs (7kg) load capacity
• 18.75 x 4.74″ (480 x 120mm) precision workstage top plate
with machined slot for easy fixturing
• 10 x 4″ (254 x 100mm) of XY stage travel
• 1-1/8″ (28mm) focus travel
• Fine adjustment on all axes
• Quick release mechanism on the X-axis
• Image inverted and reversed
• Bench top model
• Six interchangeable fixed magnification lenses including
10x, 20x, 25x, 31.25x, 50x and 100x
• MetLogix™ M1 tablet, MX200 DRO or M2 measuring software
• Automatic fiber optic edge detection
• Canopy and curtains (designed to mount on cabinet stand)
• Purpose built cabinet stand
• Extensive line of accessories
Metlogix™ M1 measuring software utilizes an Android operating system and a Bluetooth connection. Clean and simple touch screen interface with large icon buttons and intuitive operation.
Metlogix™ M2 measuring software with a PC-based 15.6″ color touch screen monitor, 2D geometry software for point, line, circle, distance, angle and skew. Windows® based operating system. Supports optical edge detection.
Metlogix™ MX200 DRO measuring software utilizes an Android operating system and a Bluetooth connection. Clean and simple touch screen interface with large icon buttons and intuitive operation.
Lens Selection Guide
Magnification 10 20 25 31.25 50 100
Screen Diameter 16” 16” 16” 16” 16” 16”
Field of View 1.6″ (40mm) .8″ (20mm) .6″ (16mm) .5″ (13mm) .3″ (8mm) .16″ (4mm)
Working Distance 3.1″ (80mm) 3″ (76mm) 2.5″ (62mm) 2.2″ (57mm) 2″ (50mm) 1.5″ (41mm)
Max. Dia.: Half Field 9.5″ (245mm) 9.5” (245mm) 10.3″ (263mm) 10″ (253mm) 7.1″ (185mm) 4″ (106mm)
Max. Dia.: Full Field 7″ (180mm) 8″ (200mm) 10″ (250mm) 9″ (234mm) 5″ (125mm) 3.9″ (98mm)
Working Distance: Is the distance between the objective lens and the component when the component is in focus
Field Of View (FOV): Is the viewable area. To fill the 16″ (400mm) diameter screen when using a 10x lens, the maximum diameter object projected would be 1.6″ (40mm).
Half Field View: Is the maximum size a component can be projected to the center of the screen before colliding with the lens.
Full Field of View: Is the maximum size a component can be projected over the full screen before colliding with the lens.
Projected Image: Is how a component is projected onto the screen in relation to its placement on the workstage.
Gross weight: 300lb (135kg)
Net Weight: 230lb (105kg)
Shipping dimensions (L x W x H): 49 x 32 x 51″ (125 x 81 x 130cm)