The Starrett Automatic Vision (or video-based) metrology systems provide accurate 3-axis measurement capability ( X-Y-Z) with hi-resolution video zoom optics. The systems can be pre-programmed (CNC) for repetitive part inspection, or driven manually via a joystick and trackball for individual measurements. Superb performance is achieved by a highly stable mechanical design, with precision linear bearings. Throughput is maximized with Metlogix M3 software controlling all aspects of Video Edge Detection (VED) and multiple channel Fiber Optic or LED illumination.
Starrett automatic vision (AV) systems are ideal for quality assurance, parts inspection, and production runs. Flexible and powerful the AV series allows users to cost effectively achieve maximum throughput of their inspection process, allowing measured data to be effectively archived or networked to other devices.
The AV Series consist of three models, AV150 with 150mm x 150mm x 140mm, AV300 with 300mm x 150mm x 140mm and the AV350 with 350mm x 350mm 200mm. Stage movement can be controlled by pre-programmed measurement routines or manually by joystick/trackball. These benchtop/pedestal vision metrology systems are easy to use, versatile and accurate. They are equally suitable for individual measurements, short runs, and large production runs.
“ideal for quality assurance, parts inspection, and production runs.”
• CNC operation or manual operation via joystick and trackball
• X-Y-Z travel: AV150 6″ x 6″ x 5.5″ (150mm x 150mm x 140mm)
• AV300 12” x 6” x 5.5” (300mm x 150mm x 140mm)
• AV350 14” x 14” x 8” (350mm x 350mm x 200mm)
• AV150 & AV300, E2 = 1.9 μm + 5L/1000 accuracy for X and Y, E1 = 2.5 μm + 5L/1000 for Z
• AV350, E2 = 2.5 μm + 5L/1000 accuracy for X and Y, E1 = 2.5 μm + 5L/1000 for Z
• 20 μin (0.5 μm) reading resolution with M3 software
• Magnification on 24″ monitor, 1:1 pixel setting: 37X to 240X with 6.5:1 zoom, 25X to 240X with 12:1 zoom
• Multiple channel Fiber Optic or LED Illumination
• Cast aluminum base for AV150, and AV300. Granite base AV350
• 1 megapixel color camera
• 6.5:1 or 12:1 zoom optics
• Optional 0.5X, 1.5X and 2.0X auxiliary lenses
• Ergonomic workstation
• 0.5X, 1.5X and 2.0X auxiliary lenses for zoom optics
• LED dark-field quadrant illumination
The AV150, AV300 and AV350 all available with an all-in-one touchscreen PC with MetLogix M3 DXF/ FOV/CNC software, or with a desktop PC. The M3 software supports 2D geometrical constructs (lines, angles, circles).
Feature MetLogix M3
All-in-one PC with touch-screen x
Desktop PC with monitor
External motion control unit x
Windows 7 operating system x
Wi-Fi network connectivity x
CAD file import & export x
Video edge detection x
X-Y-Z measurements x
2D geometric constructs x
3D geometric constructs
CNC control capability x
Report generation and archiving x
Software developer MetLogix
The AV150, AV300 and AV350 include motorized/ programmable zoom lenses with magnification ranges of 6.5:1 or 12:1. The two zoom lenses are available with auxiliary lenses to multiply magnification by 0.5X, 1.5X or 2.0X.
Starrett manufactures a comprehensive range of fixtures and accessories for our line of optical vision metrology systems.
Unit dimensions, H x W x D:
AV150 23.5″x16.5″x24.5″ (60 x 42 x 62 cm)
AV300 27.5″x23″x25″ (70 x 58 x 63 cm)
AV350 27.5″x23″x25″ (70 x 58 x 63 cm)